The Agat Mayor’s Office gives out food commodities residents during a drive-through distribution in this Oct. 27 file photo. The Guam Department of Education is continuing the distribution of food commodities through village mayors Nov. 16-20. (Photo: Rick Cruz/PDN)
The Guam Department of Education is continuing the distribution of food commodities through village mayors Nov. 16-20.
Guam DOE is the state agency for the Emergency Food Assistance Program under the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Nutrition Service.
Mayors will distribute commodities through a drive-through or door-to-door delivery method to provide easier access to food commodities for residents while also minimizing traffic-related issues, according to the Joint Information Center.
- Nov. 16: Piti — Door-to-door, while supplies last.
- Nov. 17: Yona — Drive-through at the Yona gymnasium beginning at 8 a.m., while supplies last.
- Nov. 18-19: Merizo — Door-to-door for the manamko’, individuals with a disability and those who have been furloughed.
- Nov. 19: Umatac — Door-to-door for the manamko’ and individuals with a disability.
- Nov. 19-20: Asan-Maina — Drive-through at Asan/Maina Mayor’s Office from 9 a.m. to noon.
Recipients will receive one bag of food commodities per household that may include:
- egg noodles;
- elbow macaroni;
- long-grain rice;
- green split peas;
- yellow split peas;
- tomato sauce;
- spaghetti sauce;
- canned pears;
- mixed fruit;
- beef stew;
- canned pork;
- canned beef;
- instant milk;
- banana chips;
- dried mangoes; and
- additional commodities as they arrive.
Food will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, while supplies last. Commodity distribution in each village will be available to village constituents only and residents should call their mayor’s office for more information.
More: Russian nationals on Guam, seeking asylum, hold rally in hopes of getting to US mainland
A total of 1,540 bags of food commodities will be distributed this week. Participants are reminded to wear a mask, maintain physical distancing and follow all traffic directions and signage.
Read or Share this story: https://www.guampdn.com/story/news/local/2020/11/14/department-education-continues-food-distribution-nov-16-20/6293775002/