Coronavirus cases are surging across the Finger Lakes and Upstate New York. Some regions – like the Finger Lakes, Western New York, and Central New York are seeing significant increases in volume of cases – to the point that Governor Andrew Cuomo has said new restrictions are likely on Monday.
Ahead of that move, effective Sunday at 7 p.m. – visitation is being suspended at all Rochester Regional Health facilities. This includes hospitals operated by the local healthcare giant.
Specifically Rochester General Hospital, Unity Hospital, UMMC, Clifton Springs, and Newark-Wayne Community Hospital.
Newark-Wayne was already under the guidance following a spike in cases connected to a nursing home in Newark.
Limited visitation will be allowed in the following cases:
- Pediatric patients may have one support person on-site at a time. Two support people can alternate visitation.
- Obstetrical patients may have one on-site support person and a doula.
- Patients with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, and cognitive impairments, including dementia or who have conditions protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, may have a support person who is medically necessary for their care.
- Visitation at end of life.
In the above cases, visitation will only be allowed under the following conditions:
- Visitors/support people will have their temperature checked before entering the hospital and then again every 12 hours while in a clinical area.
- If a visitor/support person has a fever (100 degrees Fahrenheit or more) or displays symptoms, they are not allowed into the hospital.
Download the FingerLakes1.com App: Android (All Android Devices) | iOS (iPhone, iPad)
We believe in a product that is accessible to all readers online. That’s why you’ll never see a paywall on FingerLakes1.com. That said, a recurring monthly pledge of any amount through Patreon can help us deliver more content, and more in-depth coverage throughout the region. Visit www.Patreon.com/FL1 to become a supporter!